Applying for Energy Assistance
OHEP is a year round program. You can apply any time during the year, but you must re-apply each fiscal year (July-June).
Customers may apply through any one of the following methods:
- Apply online at mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us
- Download and print an Application for Energy Assistance
- Apply in person at your Local Energy Assistance Office.
- Call your local office to receive an application by mail.
- Home visits can also be arranged for senior citizens or other persons with special medical needs.
- For questions regarding OHEP and other information on how to apply, call 1-800-332-6347.
Information Needed with Application
- Copy of Applicant’s photo identification
- Proof of Residency
- Copies of Social Security cards for the entire household (including children)
- Proof of your household’s total Gross income for the last 30 day period
- A copy of your most recent Utility bill, termination notice (if applicable)
- A copy of your most recent heating fuel bill or receipt (if applicable)
|Income Eligibility Limits
Effective July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Monthly Income Standards||Maximum Gross Yearly Income Standards|
|For Each Additional Person, Add||$701||$8,418|
All forms are in PDF format (you may download the free Adobe reader here).
Forms can be filled out electronically or by hand.
ALL forms must be printed and signed by hand.
- Application for Energy Assistance
- Instructions for Completing Your Application
- Supplemental Forms