How to Use Your EPiC
You can use your card everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. To conduct purchases with a signature:
- Present or swipe your card.
- Choose “credit.”
- Sign, take your card and receipt.
To conduct purchases with a PIN:
- Swipe your card.
- Choose “debit” and enter your PIN.
- Many grocery stores, convenience stores, and U.S. post offices offer cash back without a fee.
- If you want cash, select the amount and it will be added to your purchase.
- Take your card, cash and receipt.
Gas stations – Paying at the pump may cause a hold of up to $75; consider paying inside, saying how much you want to purchase, and signing the receipt.
Restaurants – Restaurants may verify you have enough in your account for the bill. Make sure you have enough funds to cover any added tip.
Hotels – The hotel may hold the amount of your estimated bill, making that amount unavailable for other purchases. When you check out, the hold may take a few days to be removed.
Auto rentals – You may use your card for final payment for a rental car, but a credit card may be necessary to reserve a rental car.
Returns – Store return policies vary. You may receive a credit to your account or a store credit. A credit to your account may take a week to process before funds are available for use.
You can use EPiC to pay bills online, in-person, or over the phone. By using EPiC to pay bills online or over the phone, you can avoid costly fees charged by check cashers and others.
Know your balance
Merchants are generally not able to determine the balance on your card, so you should always verify the balance before using your prepaid debit card. Attempting to use your card for purchases that exceed your balance may result in the card being declined.
Cardholders can check the balance on their cards and review all their account transaction activity 24 hours a day online or by calling 1-866-213-4074.
- There is no fee for online and telephone balance inquiries.
- Sign up for free balance alerts (mobile text message and e-mail) by logging in to your account.
- ATM balance inquiries:
- No fee for balance inquiries made at a Bank of America in-network ATM.
- For inquiries made at ATMs other than Bank of America in-network ATMs, the owner of the ATM may charge a fee. Bank of America won’t charge a fee.
Recipients must have activated the card and created a PIN in order to make ATM withdrawals. The amount that can be withdrawn from an ATM cannot be more than $1,000 during any 24 hour period and depends on limits set by the ATM owner. Some ATM owners impose limits on how much can be withdrawn in a single transaction or in a day.
- In-network withdrawals:
There’s no fee for withdrawals from ATMs owned by Bank of America.There are hundreds of ATMs providing free access in Maryland, the neighboring states, and nationwide.
ATM locators are available for ATMs owned by Bank of America.
- Out-of-network withdrawals:
For withdrawals from ATMs that aren’t owned by Bank of America, (after one free withdrawal per deposit, there will be a $1.25 fee charged by Bank of America, plus an additional charge by the owner of the ATM.)
- Be aware of your surroundings at ATMs. If you notice anyone or anything suspicious or unsafe when you approach an ATM, use another ATM or return later.
- At enclosed ATMs, close the door completely. Don’t open the door while you are making your transaction.
- When you use a drive-up ATM, be sure passenger windows are closed and doors are locked.
- If you must use an ATM at night, consider taking someone with you.
- Always protect your card by keeping it in a safe place. If your card is lost or stolen, contact us immediately.
- Be discrete when entering your PIN at the keypad. After completing your transaction, carefully put away your card, cash and receipt before leaving the ATM area.
- Never give your PIN to anyone and never write it anywhere, especially on your card.
- Never give information about your card or PIN over the telephone. If someone is asking for this information, refuse and immediately contact us.
- Call 911 if you need emergency assistance. Immediately contact your local police if you experience or suspect a crime related to your account
Recipients who choose to withdraw cash at a bank teller will be able to do so without paying any additional fees by visiting any bank that is in the Visa bank network. There is no fee for teller cash withdrawals.
In order to transfer funds from your card account to a traditional checking or savings account owned by you at any U.S. financial institution, you may perform an Online Funds Transfer via the Customer Service website. To begin this process, you will simply sign on to the website at www.bankofamerica.com and select the “Transfer Funds” option from the Account Summary page.
- You will need to register a “transfer-to” account prior to performing your first transfer.
- Once your “transfer to” account is authenticated (this can take up to 5 business days), your transfer will be made.
- Once your transfer is made, it can take up to 2 business days to receive your funds in your account, and the transfer cannot be canceled once entered.
A minimum value of $20.00 may be transferred.