Child Support Direct Deposit Authorization
If you receive child support payments from the Maryland Child Support Enforcement Administration, and have an open bank account, you may apply for Direct Deposit. This will enable you to receive payments faster and eliminate inconveniences associated with manual checks. To apply for Direct Deposit, please complete the attached Child Support Direct Deposit Authorization Form, include a voided check or a copy of a voided check with your application, a copy of your Driver’s License, State Issued Identification Card or a Valid Passport, and mail your completed application and required documentation to, CSEA, Direct Deposit Enrollment Application, Post Office Box 17615, Baltimore, Maryland 21297. Please Click Here to view Forms
1. What is Direct Deposit?
Both are new forms of electronic payment of child and spousal support deposited into your bank account. Direct Deposit requires you to have a checking account with a financial institution.
2. Why sign up for Direct Deposit or CashPay?
You will receive the following benefits when you sign up for Direct Deposit:
- Get your money faster because mailing time is eliminated,
- No need for extra trips to the bank or waiting in long lines,
- No checks to be lost or stolen, and
- No high check cashing fees.
3. How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?
To sign up for Direct Deposit, you must complete steps 1 through 4:
- Complete A Child Support Direct Deposit Authorization English Spanish
- Include a voided check or a copy of a voided check with your application.
- Send a copy of your Driver’s License, State Issued Identification Card or a Valid Passport.
- Mail your completed application and required documentation to, CSEA, Direct Deposit Enrollment Application, Post Office Box 17615, Baltimore, Maryland 21297.
Unsigned applications, incomplete applications, or failure to submit the required documentation will result in your application not being processed and returned to you.
If you are unable to access or print the forms from this web page, call 1-800-332-6347 to request a Direct Deposit Enrollment Kit, or stop by your local child support office. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for an enrollment kit to be mailed to your home.
4. When will my Direct Deposit start?
Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for direct deposit to take effect. In the meantime, your support check will continue to arrive in the US mail.
5. How will I know if I’m enrolled for Direct Deposit?
You will receive a confirmation letter from the Child Support Enforcement Administration within 7 to 10 business days after your enrollment form has been processed for direct deposit.
6. How does it work?
When a payment is made to your support account, the payment will be electronically deposited into your bank account within two business after 9:00 a.m.
7. How will I know if I have a payment?
You may view payment and other case information on-line or contact the Information Voice Response number for all payment information at 410-962-1110 (Baltimore area) or 1-800-723-9937 (outside Baltimore area).
8. How do I stop Direct Deposit?
To stop or make changes to Direct Deposit account, please call 1-800-332-6347. Our customer service team will mail to your home the appropriate form to stop or make changes to your Direct Deposit account. All requests to stop or make changes to your Direct Deposit account must be received in writing and will occur within 21 days. Our customer service team is unable to stop or accept changes to your Direct Deposit account over the telephone.