Secretary Malhotra
Maryland Logo
Governor's Office

St. Mary’s County

This local office offers the following services.

Adoption Services

Focuses on developing profiles of children and the placement of children who are legally free to be adopted. Adoption services are provided to relatives and non-relative caretakers.  Post adoption services may include a monthly subsidy and medical assistance.

Adult Protective Services (APS)

Serves persons aged 18 and over who are unable to protect their own interests or are at risk of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.  Adult Protective Services provides investigative services to protect the health, safety, and welfare of vulnerable adults.

Child Care Program

Also known as Purchase of Care (POC), coordinates child care services for eligible families and ensures payment to day care providers. Child Care services are provided to Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) customers participating in a work activity or a substance abuse treatment program as well as to other low-income working families.

Child Support Enforcement

Location & Contact Information
St. Mary’s County Department of Social Services
Bureau of Support Enforcement
23110 Leonard Hall Dr.
P.O. Box 509
Leonardtown, Maryland 20650
General Information: 240-895-7100

Ella May Russell

St. Mary’s County State’s Attorney’s Office
State’s Attorney Office
P.O. Box 1755
Leonardtown, Maryland 20650
FAX: 301-475-4887

Richard D. Fritz Esq.
State’s Attorney
301-475-7844 ex. 4600

More Information & Resources
Domestic Relations Office
Circuit Court for St. Mary’s County
P.O. Box 859
Leonardtown, Maryland 20650

Hon. F. Michael Harris
Domestic Relations Master

Joan W. Williams
Clerk of the Court
301-475-7844 ex. 4567

Sheriffs Department
23150 Leonard Hall Dr.
Leonardtown, Maryland 20650

Tim Cameron
301-475-4200 ex.1911

Family Support Services

Assists in the preservation of families and rebuilding of lives to prevent out-of-home placement. Anyone can make a referral, but the family must be willing to accept services.

Food Stamps (FS)

Increases the food purchasing capability of families and individuals. Most persons receiving TCA and TDAP are eligible for Food Stamps, as are others with low income.

Foster Care Services (FCS)

Provides services to court-committed children and to adults who are interested in becoming foster or adoptive parents.

♦ For more information  call: 301-475-4700

 In-Home Aide Services (IHAS)

Provides services to the elderly, disabled, ill, handicapped and those who need assistance with daily activities in order to remain in their homes. In addition, IHAS provides a parenting and job readiness program.

Medical Assistance (MA)

Provides a federal entitlement program that allows low-income individuals to obtain medical care and treatment.

Project HOME

Manages the Certified Adult Residential Environment (CARE) housing programs and provides supportive housing and case management to disabled adults, including persons with AIDS.

Social Services to Adults (SSTA)

Provides social work services to persons aged 18 years and older who are not caring for children. Case management and crisis intervention services provide customers with links to community resources and internal BCDSS programs.

Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)

Provides a time limited cash assistance program for families to promote individual responsibility and self-sufficiency.

Temporary Disability Assistance Program (TDAP)

Provides a state-funded cash assistance program for medical, housing and other services to disabled adults who are ineligible for other cash assistance programs.