Secretary Malhotra
Maryland Logo
Governor's Office

Prince George’s County

This local office offers the following services.

Adoption Services

Focuses on developing profiles of children and the placement of children who are legally free to be adopted. Adoption services are provided to relatives and non-relative caretakers.  Post adoption services may include a monthly subsidy and medical assistance.

♦ For more information  call: 301-909-CARE 

Adult Protective Services (APS)

Serves persons aged 18 and over who are unable to protect their own interests or are at risk of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.  Adult Protective Services provides investigative services to protect the health, safety, and welfare of vulnerable adults.

♦ For more information  call: 301-909-2228

Child Care Program

Also known as Purchase of Care (POC), coordinates child care services for eligible families and ensures payment to day care providers. Child Care services are provided to Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) customers participating in a work activity or a substance abuse treatment program as well as to other low-income working families.

Child Support Enforcement

Location & Contact Information
Prince George’s County
Office of Child Support Enforcement
4235 28th Avenue, Suite 135
Temple Hills, Maryland 20748

Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm – (clients)
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – (payments)

Customer Service:
Automated Customer Service & Payment Information:

Jarnice Johnson, Director
Mary Murphy, Lead Attorney

More Information & Resources
Prince George’s County Office of the Sheriff
Lieutenant Joyce Bowers
Child Support Enforcement Division
P.O. Box 548
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20773

Prince George’s County Circuit Court
Lionel Moore, Director, Family Division
14735 Main Street, Room M1420
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772

The Honorable Julia B. Weatherly, Judge, Family Division
Prince George’s County Circuit Court
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772

Prince George’s County Clerk of the Circuit Court
Roxanne Young, Manager, Paternity Division
14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772

Family Support Services

Assists in the preservation of families and rebuilding of lives to prevent out-of-home placement. Anyone can make a referral, but the family must be willing to accept services.

Food Stamps (FS)

SNAP benefits supplements the grocery budget for low income families and individuals. Many people who receive Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) and Temporary Disability Assistance Program (TDAP) are also eligible to receive Food Stamps. To see if you meet the eligibility requirements for Maryland’s Food Supplement Program (FSP), click here

Foster Care Services (FCS)

Provides services to court-committed children and to adults who are interested in becoming foster or adoptive parents.

♦ For more information  call: 301-909-CARE 

 In-Home Aide Services (IHAS)

Provides services to the elderly, disabled, ill, handicapped and those who need assistance with daily activities in order to remain in their homes. In addition, IHAS provides a parenting and job readiness program.

♦ For more information  call: 301-909-2228

Medical Assistance (MA)

Provides a federal entitlement program that allows low-income individuals to obtain medical care and treatment.

Project HOME

Manages the Certified Adult Residential Environment (CARE) housing programs and provides supportive housing and case management to disabled adults, including persons with AIDS.

Social Services to Adults (SSTA)

Provides social work services to persons aged 18 years and older who are not caring for children. Case management and crisis intervention services provide customers with links to community resources and internal BCDSS programs.

♦ For more information  call: 301-909-2228

Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)

Provides a time limited cash assistance program for families to promote individual responsibility and self-sufficiency.